Building Efficiency Audits for Green Building Assessments
“Facilities management is the integration of processes within an organisation to maintain and develop the agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of its primary activities”.- BIFM
We identify with this defining interpretation of FM and add that in any organization, the importance of FM services is even more elevated in achieving the desired strategic and operational objectives. Ideally the facilities management’s strategies and practices are to ensure that the agreed service delivery is met in alignment with the agreed and documented SLAs.
Performance Excellence and Quality Assurance Standards should be in place to monitor, review, improve and demonstrate that the services provided are to the highest possible standards.
Green efficiency audits for green building assessment purposes serves as an indication of how best to address the facility as a whole and to optimize efficiencies.
Our vision reaches beyond the immediate need and brief. A sound FM strategy is to plan for the organization at large; and also looking into the future and maintaining a sustainable solution.
It should be that there are strategies and practices to ensure that the agreed service delivery is met in alignment with the agreed and documented SLAs. Performance Excellence and Quality Assurance Standards are in place to monitor, review, improve and demonstrate to our clients that the services provided are to the highest possible standards.
Global FM’s Approach to Green efficiency audits is as follows :
Phase 1 :
• Assisting with and ensuring Site Operating Procedure (SOP’s) are in place
• Developing and implementing policies and procedures
Time Period: 1 month
• Analyzing current utilities consumption (cumulative of 12 months’ data)
• Comparison to appropriate Industry Benchmarks., and similar buildings
• Identifying areas of focus in terms of building efficiency to addressed in terms of the Green building standards and Environmental Management (also aligning with the various applicable Acts) in order to flagship our client as a model of Utility efficiency such as:
(the primary focus is on water efficiencies and credits )
Time Period: 1 month
Green Star rating and
Ongoing partnering to ensure compliance and Green Star Rating
Time Period: 3-6 months